Bugs, issues, defects, whatever you call them, they need to be identified and addressed to create the best product and experience for all of our users. Helping us and the community identify issues is a huge part of our success! Thank you so much for taking the time to make our platform amazing!
Please read these IMPORTANT STEPS for creating the best report possible:
- Report it immediately. Do not delay, you will forget the finer details or simply forget to report it.
- If you can, reproduce the bug more than one time before you report it. Your bug should be reproducible. Make sure that your steps are robust enough to reproduce the bug without any ambiguity. If your bug is not reproducible every time you can still file a bug report but be sure to mention its sporadic nature.
- Make your title short and straight to the point. This is important for several reasons, first of all when the developer looks at the bug report he need to understand the problem immediately, especially when the bugfixing happens during a release.
- Add as much DETAILS as possible. Identify exactly what the problem is. Saying “something is wrong” is not helpful, saying exactly what is wrong, and how to reproduce it, is. If you see any error messages please share those too!
- Screenshots, videos, log files. Attach them, they are super-useful!
- Technical Specs. Things like Internet Browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, with version #), operating system (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS), are helpful too!
Few other things that you might think over:
- Read what you wrote. Read the report back to yourself, and see if you think it’s clear. If you have listed a sequence of actions which should produce the failure, try following them yourself, to see if you missed a step.
- Be precise. Programmers like precision.
- Be nice. Thanks.
The ways we get alerted about issues are typically one of the following avenues:
While the above are great ways to bring attention to the issues, the best way to get all eyes on your issue is to send an email to email@example.com with all the details. The team shares this inbox to constantly track any new inbound issues. Screenshots or video captures are always appreciated!
Once the issue is submitted, here's a peak behind the curtain to see how we address them internally. The process is to create a high touch workflow with updates along the way.
-to the email or post on YEN
Thanks for reading this and sending us any bugs, issues, defects, SIR's, etc you might find. You're helping us all get better together! Have any feedback on the process itself? We'd love to hear that too!